Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thursday is "the new Monday"...oh goody

Monday passed relatively quietly this week. There was not much rushing around to finish up things left-over from last week's To-Do list. Hmm...I should've been suspicious then, huh?

Tuesday was relatively uneventful. Again, no flashing lights or sirens to warn me what was to come.

Wednesday picked up some speed.

Then Thursday blew in like a tornado ridin' an angry, wild Rhino......

When I awoke to the ring of my telephone, I should have known to just unplug it & crawl back into bed until Friday. Friday, my husband is home to help me filter out the less important tasks & accomplish the more necessary ones. But no, I chose to answer and in so doing, unleashed a torrent of busy-ness to attend to all day.

At least I was able to crawl into the Bible for a few minutes before my children woke up and reminded me how wonderful it is to be a mom to a 3 & 1/2 year-old & a newly-turned 5 year-old (who thinks she's GROWN!). Work, housework, kids, errands, hospitality, serving...it all adds up to one crazy day.

Yet these are the very things that make life livable. This is what I prayed for as long as I can remember. These 2 beautiful babies, a home free from anger & cruelty, a chance to help others, all of this has been entrusted to me.

So I can't walk today. I guess my dining room floor won't get mopped...darn. I really am glad I don't find my identity in the bottom of a dirty mop bucket. I guess I'll have to enjoy the sound of my girls' laughter instead.

So, Hey there, Thursday! I'm still standing & I'm still praising God!

Dear Jesus, Thank you for the strength to tackle one more day. Thank you for my family. Thank you for my home and the love contained within these walls. Amen.

No comments: