Monday, July 7, 2008

Deep breath, heavy sigh...

Great! I'm a genius. Hold the applause til the end though, please.

Remember the new prosthesis I was so excited about getting last week? You remember? The one that pushed the 27 year-old UPS man into early-really-early, retirement? Well, I thought I could put it on and do everything I had been unable to for the past 4 days.

I was wrong.

Kind of like new shoes, you really shouldn't just jump into a new leg & take off running (no pun intended). You should wear it a little while & get used to how it fits. Then, wear it a little longer & so on & so forth.

Anywho, I had neglected the household chores quite long enough so I wore it almost 20 hours straight...Need I continue? Why not? Suffice it to say, that's not a wise choice to make.

So now I have this blister that hurts like the dickens and it's right across the tip of the stump. What's a girl to do? I have to leave it off [again] for a few [more] days to let that spot heal [crap!]. That means, the household chores will again back-up or I will have to allow my husband to do them...darn :o)

No comments: