Friday, July 25, 2008

The Heart of a Princess

Jesus Christ, my Lord, my Savior,

How often do I come,

And offer up my feeble plea

For you to make right some wrong?

And how many times, dear Abba, my father

Do I bring like a child before you,

My heart, broken again, like some tattered old toy

To once more be made anew?

Even more so, do I run straight to you,

My Wonderful, Wise Counselor

And proudly display selfish wants and desires

Quite certain, them, you will assure?

So frequently, my Prince of perfect Peace,

Do you so patiently hear,

As I cry out in pain and shout in anger,

My mind in the grips of some fear?

Yet how seldom it is, though each tear is kept

In a bottle so none are lost,

That I humbly bow in sheer adoration

And Thank You for Calvary’s cross?

So today and always, that I never forget

Your love has paid my way,

I praise you for being Lord of Lords, King of Kings,

Alpha, Omega, my Stay.

No comments: