Monday, July 28, 2008

I got a name

On the hunt for a new name, I thought about the reasons behind my writing this blog in the first place. A long time ago, I was crippled. I lost my leg & almost my life. Doctors told my family that the chances for my survival were slim at best. If I did make it, they said I would not be able to walk & could be unable to talk because of the trauma. But I got better.

I was mistreated as a child & youngster. Life knocked me down a lot. But I got back up.

I made poor choices. I followed foolish whims, was ruled by stubborn pride. That caused me to stumble, but I stood again.

I decided that the best name for the blog should be "Still Standing". Not in the Elton John sort of way but in the Proverbs 24:16 sort of way. "For though a righteous man falls seven times, he rises again, but the wicked are brought down by calamity."

I know in whom I have believed and he keeps me going day after day.

No comments: