Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

Well, we made it past the 7 year mark without the proverbial "Itch" affecting either of us. Hallelujah! Today is the anniversary of one of the greatest events in my life, our wedding. Eight years ago today, I said , "I do" to the most wonderful man ever. And you know what? I still do.

So, in celebration of this momentous occasion, I want to cook him his favorite meal, have the kiddos bathed & groomed and erase everything from his "Honey-do" list (well, maybe "reschedule" them) prior to his arrival from a long day's work. I say I "want" to because the way the day is going, I'm not sure I'll even get the veggies defrosted. Probably another frozen pizza night.

Hey! That may just be about the most perfect thing we could have. When we were newly-wed, we would share a Totino's pizza for dinner. You know those? The ones that I can eat in one bite now? Yep, we'd SHARE it. Right down the middle. Ha, ha! I think maybe I'll pull one (and just one) out tonight & see what he says. Chances are, my perfect man will smile graciously and suggest soup & a sandwich to go along with it.

No matter what we have, I know we will enjoy it...together. As we bow our heads and our 3 year old sings her prayer of sweetness over whatever we have on the table, my husband will grab my hand & together we'll thank God that He brought us together. Our kids will giggle as Daddy winks at Mommy. Then the 5 year old will smile & say, "Kiss her, Daddy!"

And he will...

Thank you Jesus, that you love me so much that you not only gave me this wonderful family, but most importantly, you gave your blood for me. As excited as I am about another year of wedded bliss, I am humbled to think of the plan into which you have unfolded and are continuing to weave my life.

Thank you.

No comments: