Thursday, July 31, 2008

What's my line?

I have been feeling very condemned in my prayer life lately. It seems whenever I bow my head for some one else, I have a laundry list of my own "needs" that I feel compelled to blurt out before the Father. I enjoy praying for others but I haven't really been focused on them.

I was watching a video clip by Kirk Cameron & Ray Comfort this evening. From that I started thinking about my prayers. Most of my prayers are to have God make my life easier or less painful. With the problems I have been having with my stump, I felt these were all justified prayers for healing. But are they? Or am I just foolish enough to think that my comfort is the reason Christ came to die?

What should I be bringing before God? Shouldn't I pray for endurance? Shouldn't I pray for opportunities to show His glory through my suffering? THEN, if it be His will, pray for healing? Only if the healing were to bring Him more glory than the suffering.

So there I am. Pus-filled boot (TEC liner) and all. At the feet of the cross, wondering...what's my line?

No comments: